Your access to and use of our Services are subject to our Terms and Conditions, which define some of the terms used throughout this Policy. Please make sure that you have carefully read and understand the Terms and Conditions before you use our Services. By using our Services, you accept the Terms and Conditions, and accept our privacy practices described in this Policy. If you do not feel comfortable with any part of this Policy or our Terms and Conditions, you must not use or access our Services.
The Company uses a network of independent third-party contractors (“Gill Corp.” or “Couriers”) who provide delivery services to our customers.
1. Collection of Personal Information
When you use our Services, we may collect or receive Personal Information about you to provide our services and operate our business. The types of Personal Information that we may collect about you are:
a.Information You Provide to Us Directly
You may provide your Personal Information to us when you use our Services, search within or place orders through our Services, contact us with inquiries, respond to surveys, or otherwise access our Services. This information may include:
- User Profile – We collect profile information associated with your Customer Gill Corp. account. This includes information such as name, email address, delivery address, and phone number.
- Order Details – When you place an order through our Services we collect information related to that order. This may include information such as items purchased, special instructions, date and time of order, and subtotal.
- Payment Information – Payment information collected such as bank name and payment method.
- Surveys – From time-to-time, we invite our customers and users to participate in surveys or contests. When a customer or a user participates, we may request certain Personal Information such as name and email address.
b. Information Received From You as Part of Your Communications
When you use our Services (for example on our Site), complete electronic forms, communicate with Gill Corp. or contact us, by online chat, email, phone or text, we may automatically collect and store certain information about you and the activity you engaged in, for example: your name and contact information; your order details; information that you voluntarily provide to us; the nature of your communication; the purpose of the interaction, and the action we took in response to your inquiry or request.
c. Information Collected Automatically
We also may receive and store certain information about you and your device(s) automatically when you access or use our Site and Services. This information may include:
- Technical Information – We collect technical information associated with your activity on our Site and may include information related to your browser and operating system, IP address (the Internet address of your computer), unique device identifiers and other information such as your device type. We use such information for diagnostic and statistical purposes and to administer our Services.
- Site Usage Information – We collect information to better understand customer traffic patterns and Site usage. This may include the pages or features of our Site or mobile application that you browsed to inform us which part of our Site, app and Services you visit and how much time you spend there. This information is used to analyze and improve our Site and to provide our customers with a better user experience.
d. Location Information
When you use the Services, we may collect and store general location information (such as IP address). This information may be used to help you select your delivery address, to provide more accurate deliveries of your orders, to provide recommendations to you, and to enhance your user experience and improve the services.
Users may not send, publish, or share any false, misleading, or deceptive communications in connection with participation in the Referral Program. Such actions may violate various federal, state, and/or international laws, including, but not limited to, the regulations and policies promulgated by the Federal Trade Commission. Users may not send any referral emails, SMS messages, or other communications to children under the age of 13.
If you are referred to Gill Corp. through one of our referral programs, or if someone attempts to refer you, we may share your name, whether you have already signed up for Gill Corp., whether you are a new customer, and whether you have placed a qualifying order with Gill Corp. with the person(s) who referred you.
Cookies are small web files that a site or its provider transfers to your device’s hard drive through your web browser that enables the site’s or provider’s system to recognize your browser and remember certain information.
- to make our Services function properly;
- to improve our Services;
- to recognize you when you return to Gill Corp. and to remember information you have already provided, such as items already in your order cart;
- to collect information about your activities over time or other online services in order to deliver content and advertising tailored to your interests; and to provide a secure browsing experience during your use of our Services.
b. Web Beacons
Web beacons, also known as web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs, are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our Site to deliver or communicate with cookies, in order to track and measure the performance of our Site and Services, monitor how many web visitors we have, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the user’s hard drive, web beacons are typically embedded invisibly on webpages (or in an email).
c. Online Analytics and Advertising Technologies
We and our third-party vendors may use automated technologies (including cookie identifiers on our Site), along with other collected information, to tailor ads or deliver content when you are on our Services or on other devices, apps or websites.
d. Interest-Based Advertising
We (or our service providers) may use the information we collect, for instance, IP addresses and unique mobile device identifiers, to locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones, tablets, or computers), or work with providers that do this, in order to better tailor content and features and provide you with a seamless experience across devices. If you wish to opt out of cross device tracking for purposes of interest-based advertising, you may do so through your device settings. We may also use cross-device targeting to help identify our users and serve advertising. This type of advertising is often called “interest-based” or “personalized” advertising—and when it occurs on mobile apps, “cross-app” advertising.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising and how to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising by visiting (i) the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link or (ii) the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link. To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page.
Please note that even if you opt-out, you may still receive advertisements from us. However, in that case, the advertising will not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links or whether any particular company chooses to participate in these opt-out programs.
3. Use of Your Personal Information
We may use the information we collect or receive about you for various purposes.
a. To Provide You With the Services
We use your information to provide you the Services. For example, we use credit card information to complete a transaction or an address to allow Gill Corp to fulfill your delivery. If the applicable information is to be provided or Service is to be performed by a third party, then we will disclose the applicable Personal Information to the third party providing the information or performing applicable Services. Your information may be available or provided to third-party service providers that are contractually obligated to protect your information as disclosed in this Policy.
b. To Maintain, Improve, and Personalize the Services
We use your information for our everyday business operations such as auditing, administration of the Services, forum management, fulfillment, and analytics. Your information may also be used to improve the content and/or functionality of the Services. We may use your information to help us improve offerings for Gill Corp. and/or our business partners. We also use your information to personalize your experience. For example, we may personalize the content and features you see when visiting our Services. In addition, we may personalize advertisements, marketing communications, and recommendations to make them more tailored to your interests.
c. To Communicate with You
We use your information to communicate with you. We may contact you with promotional offerings or other communications that may be of interest to you. If we send you marketing emails about services that may disinterest you, each email will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future email marketing communications.
In the event you contact us, we use certain information to respond to your questions and assist you with any issues that may arise in your use of the Services.
d. For Account and Network Security Purposes
We care about keeping you secure and safe while using our Services. Keeping you safe requires us to process your Personal Information, such as your device information, activity information and other relevant information. We use such information to combat spam, malware, malicious activity or security risks; improve and enforce our security measures; and to monitor and verify your identity so that unauthorized users do not gain access to your information.
e. To Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance
Our Services are subject to certain laws and regulations which may require us to process your Personal Information. For example, we process your Personal Information to pay our taxes, to fulfill our business obligations, ensure compliance with employment and recruitment laws or as necessary to manage risk as required under applicable law.
f. To Enforce Compliance with Our Terms and Conditions and Policies
When you access or use our Services, you are bound to our Terms and Conditions and this Policy. To ensure you comply with them, we process your Personal Information by actively monitoring, investigating, preventing and mitigating any alleged or actual prohibited, illicit or illegal activities on our Services. We also process your Personal Information to: investigate, prevent or mitigate violations of our internal terms, agreements or policies; enforce our agreements with third parties and business partners.
g. To Protect You, Others, and Our Business
We use your information to protect you, others, and our business, including, without limitation, using information for fraud prevention, for enforcement of our Terms of Service, to comply with the law, and to protect against security risks.
h. For Our Business Purposes
We may use your information for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect or receive the information, or otherwise with your consent.
4. Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
We share your Personal Information as described below.
a. Service Providers
We may share your information with our third-party service providers for certain business purposes. This information is provided in order for them to provide us services such as payment processing, advertising services, marketing partners, web analytics, data processing, IT services, customer support and other services. These third-party service providers have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf and are expressly obligated not to disclose or use your Personal Information for any other purpose.
b. Related Entities
We may share your information with our affiliates (entities that control or are under the control of Gill Corp.) for business purposes. This will include related entities that utilize Gill Corp.’s technology. We will require these entities to comply with the terms of this Policy with regard to their use of your information.
c. When Required by Law
We recognize that information related to your orders could contain private information. However, we may be required to disclose your information to third parties including law enforcement agencies when required to protect and defend our legal rights, protect the safety and security of users of our Services, prevent fraud, comply with the law, respond to legal process, or a request for cooperation by a government entity. We have developed a process that strikes a balance between protecting customer privacy and responding to valid law enforcement requests.
d. Corporate Transactions
In the event of sale, transfer, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction, including during the negotiation of an actual or contemplated transaction.
e. With Your Consent
We also may share or disclose your information with your consent or at your direction.
f. Disclosure for Marketing Purposes.
We do not disclose your information to third parties for their direct marketing use.
Gill Corp. has implemented administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard Personal Information. However, no online activity is ever fully secure or error-free. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information is absolutely secure. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information to Gill Corp.
Please recognize that protecting your Personal Information is also your responsibility. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your information when you are on the Internet, or when you communicate with us and with others through the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account might have been compromised), or if you suspect someone else is using your account, please let us know immediately by contacting us as indicated in the Contact Us section below.
6. Data Retention
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. We will also retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
7. Third-Party Sites
Some of the functionality may be provided by third parties and the Services may link to other third-party websites that are not controlled by Gill Corp. These third parties are not under our control and Gill Corp. is not responsible for their privacy policies or practices. If you provide any Personal Information to any third party or through any such third-party website, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the privacy policies and practices of that third party.
8. Children’s Information
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us at email@example.com. A parent or guardian of a child under age 13 may review and request deletion of the child’s Personal Information.
9. Your Choices
We provide our customers and their authorized agents with the ability to contact us to delete their Personal Information. In order to exercise these rights you must contact us directly, which helps us ensure that Personal Information is only made accessible to appropriate parties. Customers will not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising their rights and can return to the service after deleting their information.
a. Your Rights
This section lists the privacy-related rights (“Rights”) we extend to all Gill Corp. customers. Your right to know and right to deletion are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose specific pieces of Personal Information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the Personal Information, your account with us or the security of our systems.
- Right to Know – You have the right to know the Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you.
- Right of Data Portability – You have the right to request and receive a copy of the Personal Information that we hold about you.
- Right to Deletion – You have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information we have collected from you or maintain about you. We may save Personal Information when permitted by applicable law including, without limitation, when the information is needed for a legal purpose. If you are a California consumer, we may retain your Personal Information as necessary to: (1) complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide goods or services requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between Gill Corp. and you; (2) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity; (3) debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (4) exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law; (5) comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code; (6) engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when Gill Corp.’s deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent; (7) to enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of you based on your relationship with Gill Corp.; (8) to comply with a legal obligation; or (9) to otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Right to Rectification – If you are a registered Gill Corp. user you may modify your Personal Information by contacting us.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information – You have the right to opt-out of having your Personal Information sold. The California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) amends the California Consumer Privacy Act to broadly define “sale” in a way that may include allowing third parties to receive certain information such as cookie identifiers, IP addresses and/or browsing behavior to add to a profile about your device, browser or you. Such profiles may enable delivery of interest-based advertising by such third parties within their platform or on other sites. Depending on how you use the Services, we may share the following categories of information for such interest-based advertising which may be considered a sale (as defined by the CPRA): (1) device information and identifiers, such as IP address and unique advertising identifiers and cookies; and (2) connection and usage information, such as browsing history or app usage. Although this obligation of the CPRA does not become effective until January 1, 2023, you may opt out of such tracking technologies by following the instructions in Section 2 above.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sharing Your Personal Information for Behavioral or Cross-context Marketing – You have the right to opt out of having your personal information shared with others for cross-context or behavioral advertising purposes. This does not include using your interactions with us or information that you provide to us for us to select advertisements to show you.
- We do not share your personal information with third parties for cross-context or behavioral advertising purposes.
- Limit Processing of Sensitive Personal Information. You have the right to tell us not to process Sensitive Personal Information for any purpose other than the purpose for which we originally collected it.
- Right to Non-Discrimination – Gill Corp. will not discriminate against those who exercise their Rights. Specifically, if you exercise your Rights, we will not deny you goods or Services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or Services or provide you a different level or quality of goods or Services.
b. Asserting Your Rights
You may exercise your right to know or your right to deletion or correction by emailing your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address that you believe is associated with Gill Corp., with the subject line “Data Request”. For safety and to otherwise prevent fraud, we may ask that you provide us with certain personal information that’s reasonably necessary for us to confirm your identity.
You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request to know or a request to delete. In order to be able to act, authorized agents have to submit written proof that they are authorized to act on your behalf, or have a power of attorney. We may deny requests from authorized agents who do not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf.
10. California Residents
a. Your California Rights.
Pursuant to the California Privacy Rights Act, verified California residents have the rights described in Section 9.a. above. Below is a summary of the Personal Information we collected from consumers, the reason we collected the Personal Information, where we obtained the Personal Information we collected, and the third parties with whom we may share consumer Personal Information. The section references relate to the sections above in this Policy.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA EMPLOYEES: Current and former employees and job applicants should refer to the California Employee Notice to understand your rights and how to exercise them. The Notice is provided by the HR Department. Please email email@example.com if you need assistance.
b. Information we collect, sources and uses.
- Identifiers such as a name, address, unique personal identifier, email address, phone number; Customer records such as signature; Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered; Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing history and search history; Geolocation data that is sufficient to identify a precise physical location; Job titles, employment history or experience; Sensitive Personal Information such as Social Security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number, account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account, precise geolocation, consumer’s racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership, genetic data, biometric information, health, sex life or sexual orientation and Sensory data, such as audio, electronic, visual, or other similar information.
We collect the categories of personal information identified above from the following sources: (1) directly from you; (2) through your use of the Services; (3) affiliates; and (4) third parties such as information received from our referral program, social networking services, publicly available sources, and marketing partners.
As explained above, we collect the categories of personal information identified above for the following business and commercial purposes:
- To provide you with the Services;
- To maintain, improve, and personalize the Services;
- To communicate with you;
- For account and network security purposes;
- To maintain legal and regulatory compliance;
- To enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions and this Policy;
- To protect you, others, and our business; and
- For our business purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect or receive the information, or otherwise with your consent.
c. Disclosing Personal Information
We do not sell Personal Information for monetary consideration but we may transfer your information to a third party that provides us with services such as helping us with advertising, data analysis and analytics, and security, which may fall under the definition of for “other valuable consideration” and which may therefore be considered a “sale” under the CPRA. We do not sell the personal information of individuals we actually know are less than sixteen (16) years of age. We may have also enabled third parties that provide paid analytics and advertising services to us to place tracking technologies on our website. These providers may have been able to access the following categories of personal information: (1) device information and identifiers, such as IP address and unique advertising identifiers and cookies; and (2) connection and usage information, such as browsing history or app usage.
d. Sharing Personal Information for Behavioral or Cross-Context Marketing
Sharing your Personal Information means making it available to a third party so that they can use it to display targeted or cross-context behavioral advertisement to you. Cross-context behavioral or targeted advertising means that we display an advertisement to you that is selected based on Personal Information about you that we obtained or inferred over time from your activities across other companies’ websites, applications or online services that we use to predict your preferences or interests. This does not include using your interactions with us or information that you provide to us for us to select advertisements to show you. In the preceding twelve (12) months, We have shared the following categories of personal information of non-minors for behavioral or cross context or targeted advertising. We do not share Personal Information for Behavioral or Cross-Context Marketing.
- Exercising your California Privacy Rights.
To exercise your California Privacy Rights please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “CPRA Request” in the subject line or call us at (626) 443-6094.
- Rights to Know. to Data Portability, to Correction and to Deletion. You may exercise your Rights to Know and to Data Portability up to twice in a 12 month period. You may exercise all other rights at any time. We will ask you for information that allows us to reasonably verify your identity (that you are the person about whom we collected personal information) and will use that information only for that purpose. We may request that you submit a signed statement under penalty of perjury that you are the individual you claim to be. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. However, you may request that we disclose the required information beyond the 12-month period, and we will honor that expanded request unless doing so would involve a disproportionate effort. Your right to request required information beyond the 12-month period, and our obligation to provide that information, shall only apply to personal information collected on or after January 1, 2022. We will acknowledge receipt of your request within 10 business days and will respond withing 45 days. If we need an additional 45 days to respond we will notify you. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity and confirm that the personal information relates to you
- Opt-Out Rights. To opt out of the sale of your personal information or the sharing of your personal information or to ask us to limit processing of your Sensitive Personal Information, you may submit a request to us. We will act promptly to comply with your request and at least within 15 business days from receipt of your request.
- You may also opt out by activating a user-enabled global privacy control, such as a browser plug-in or privacy setting, device setting, or other mechanism, that communicates or signals your choice to opt-out of the sale and sharing of personal information. When we receive such a signal we will stop setting third party, analytics, or advertising partner cookies on your browser. This will prevent the sale or sharing of information relating to that specific device through cookies to our advertising or analytics partners. This option does not stop all sales or sharing of your information because we cannot match your device’s identification or internet protocol address with your personally identifiable information like your name, phone number, email address or ZIP Code. If you delete cookies on your browser, any prior do not sell or do not share signal is also deleted and you should make sure that your user-enabled setting is always activated.
- You can opt out of tracking technologies by following the instructions in Section 2 above.
Do Not Track Disclosure. Except as provided in this policy Gill Corp. does not currently respond to browser do not track signals.
11. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns relating to this Policy or our privacy practices please contact us at email@example.com or:
The Gill Corporation
4056 Easy Street
El Monte, CA 91731